Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Korean Style Omelet (Gaeran Mari)

'Gaeran Mari', which literally means egg roll in Korean is another easy side dish you can make with ingredients you already have in your fridge. It's so comforting and nostalgic, I love having this with any kind of kimchi dish. The rolling part might be tricky at first but you will get used to it with practice.

Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 2 T minced carrot
- 2 T minced onion
- 2 T thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 T water

1. Beat the eggs in a bowl then mix in the remaining ingredients.

2. Heat some oil in a pan on medium heat. Here we are using a square omelet pan. If you don't have a square one, just use a small round pan.

3. When the oil is hot pour in the egg mixture.


4. When the egg is halfway done start the roll by folding over a small section on one side.

5. Using a spatula pull the folded part back to the edge.

6. Repeat this until all the egg is rolled up. You may need to use 2 spatulas.

7. Pat the finished roll with the spatula to get it into a nice shape and let it cool down for a minute.

8. Use a sharp knife to slice.

9. Put on a plate and serve. We especially like it with kimchi jjigae.

13 comments:

silvia said...

wow, that looks so good! :) thanks for sharing.

lynn said...

cutest pan ever.

SK said...

i have never mastered the gaeranmari fold! i'll try it again - determined to get it right after seeing this post!

sarah said...

I had almost forgotten about gaeranmari until you posted this! Fond memories. My mom used to just make a big batch in a normal sized, round pan. Going to make this tonight, thanks for the post!

Emma said...

Wow! I am hungry now :-)

.명.Life. said...

yum! Thank you for the post ! I also love your nails! looks like 봉숭아, I used to dye my nails all the time with my grandma ! :]

Amelia Morris said...

I want a square pan!! (and orange nails.)

Mdmslle. said...

This looks so good, I have to try this for sunday's breakfast!

jonahliza said...

i think i really need a square omelet pan, now. thanks for this yummy looking recipe. can't wait to try it!

Maria Poá said...

I love Korean food!!
I'm Brazilian..when I was living in Sao Paulo, I used to eat Korean food!!! :) But now I live in Germany... and here it is not so easy to find Korean Restaurant! And suddenly you appeared...Thankssssssss!!
Could I share one of your links in my Blog??
Please say: yes!!!
www.maria-poa-blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just fell in love with your BLOG. I have been WONDERING how they do this for MONTHS!

Unknown said...

Wow! this looks so good and like simple to do...thanks for sharing! Go ma wo :)

obat herbal glaukoma said...

pengobatan penyakit glaukoma secara alami tanpa operasi

Obat Herbal Glaukoma