Now that the weather is cooling down and we have been getting a few chilly nights, we thought it was time to introduce one of our favorite comfort soups. We remember ducking into cozy bars on cold winter nights and ordering this soup to go with little glasses of rice wine. If you have the ingredients it won't take you more than 15 minutes to make this.
- 5 dried anchovies
- 2" slice of daikon
- 2" square of dried seaweed
- 150g fish cake
- 1 T dark soy sauce (soy sauce used for soups, can be found in Korean supermarkets)
- 2 T sliced green onion
- Soy sauce and wasabi for dipping sauce
1. Put the seaweed and daikon into 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add anchovies and boil for another 1-2 minutes. Lower heat and take out the anchovies.
2. Slice the fish cake into 2" pieces.
3. Put them into the broth and let it come back to a boil. Then let it simmer for a couple minutes.
4. Add the dark soy sauce and stir it in for another minute. Taste the soup and add a little more soy sauce if it is bland.
5. Turn off the heat and put in the green onions.
6. Serve with a little bit of soy sauce and wasabi for dipping the fish cake.