Seaweed soup is a super easy, nutritious, and delicious. In Korea it's also known to be great for pregnant ladies or ladies who have just given birth thanks to the nutrients in seaweed that is good for your blood. It's a tradition to have seaweed soup on your birthday because this is the food that your mom had the day you were born.
- 3-4 oz beef, sliced into very small pieces, preferably rib eye
- 1/3 cup dried seaweed
- 1 T sesame oil
- 3 T soup soy sauce, this is different from regular soy sauce and can be found in Asian markets
1. Put the dried seaweed in a large bowl of water and soak for at least half an hour. Drain and squeeze the water out. Set aside.
2. Heat a pot on medium and put the sesame oil in.
3. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple minutes until it's halfway cooked.
4. Add the drained seaweed with 1 T of the soup soy sauce. Saute for a couple minutes.
5. Add the water and bring to a boil. Add the remaining soy sauce. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Skim the top of the soup. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed.