Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Kimchi Pancake (Kimchi Jeon)
Kimchi pancakes is another easy dish to whip up easily when you need to make a snack or extra banchan with ingredients you most likely already have.
1/2 cup pancake mix or flour
1 cup chopped kimchi
1 green chili pepper
1/2 cup icy cold water
1. Slice the chili pepper.
2. Put the kimchi, flour, water in a bowl.
3. Mix it well.
4. Heat some cooking oil in a non stick skillet on medium to high. When the it is hot put a scoop of the pancake mix onto the pan.
5. Use a spatula to spread it into a flat round shape.
6. Place some chili slices onto the pancake.
7. When the bottom is crispy looking, flip it over. Cook until the other side is also crisp. (You might have to add a bit more oil if it's not turning crispy)
Enjoy while it's still warm!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest