We were looking through this Korean cookbook called 'How To Make Side Dishes for Under 50 Cents' when we stumbled upon this recipe.(I bought it just for the title but it's actually pretty good.)
Anyway, we remember this as a common side dish in our lunchboxes growing up because it's so easy to make and we as kids loved it. Usually it's made with just salt and pepper but the curry adds a nice touch.
- 4 small yellow potatoes
- 2-3 stalks of green onions
- 1/2 T yellow curry powder
- 1/2 t salt
- Vegetable oil
1. Slice the potatoes into matchsticks and slice the green onions into 1/2" pieces. You can slice the potatoes thinner than we did if you want.
2. Put some oil on a hot pan.
3. Add the potatoes and cook on medium heat for 5 or so minutes.
4. When the potatoes are tender, add salt and pepper.
5. Add the curry powder and cook for another few minutes until cooked through. Be careful not to overcook as they will start to crumble.
6. Add the green onions. Turn off heat. Taste it and add more salt if needed.